MAY Ladies’ Guild formed
AUGUST 31 First service held in completed building Rector celebrated, Bishop Roper preached.
SEPTEMBER 14 First Sunday School. Sixty-six children present.
OCTOBER 12 First Eucharist Harvest Festival. Sixty-six communicants.
APRIL 18 First Confirmation – ten candidates
MAY 31 First Boy Scout Church parade recorded.
December 2 – St. Martin’s church, Woodroffe and St. Stephen’s Church, Britannia became a separate parish.
May 1 – First Incumbent, Rev. W. B. Morgan, B.A., B.D., appointed.
October 27 – First Woman’s Auxiliary organized.
August 2 – Mortgage and loan paid off.
June – Rev. W.B. Morgan resigned.
September and October – Col. The Rev. C.G.F. Stone, Principal Army Chaplain in charge
October 15 – Rev. Kenneth R. Cowan, 2nd Incumbent of Parish of Britannia, Woodroffe began his ministry.
November 29- Rev. Cowan Inducted.
January – Became self-supporting Parish
February – Building Fund Appeal for $75.00 oversubscribed.
May- New property purchased in Westwood, old Honeywell Farm.
June 4 – First sod turned for new St. Martin’s by Bishop-elect Ernest S. Reed
1954-55 – Capt. Harry Brown (Church Army) assisted the Rector.
December 21 – Excavation for new church really accomplished.
May 29 – Foundation Stone laid by Bishop Reed.
December 18 – First service held in new church.
January 11 – Dedication of new church and countless memorials and gifts by Bishop Reed.
June – New Rectory erected on new property.
-Bell from St. Georges Church, Gallingertown (Seaway) placed in Bell Tower
-Ken Cowan leaves for Winnipeg
-David Thomson – 3rd rector
-Education Wing Completed
-David Thomson leaves for All Saints Sandy Hill
-Bill Gilbert priest in charge for balance of year
-Walter “Chip” Molson arrives – 4th rector
-“Chip” Molson leaves
-Don Chapman – 5th rector
November- Burning of the Mortgage
-Consecration of St. Martin’s (debt free) – Bishop Wm Robinson
-New Organ installed
-Don Chapman retires
-Rob Heard – 6th Rector
-Rand in church installed
-Series of Bible Studies begin (1992, ‘93, ‘94)
-Youth Co-ordinator begins duties
-Don Chapman dies
-First LOGOS course at St. Martin’s -“Will Our Children Have Faith?”
-Don Chapman Memorial Cross installed
-Bell Tower repaired (major)
-Bookshelves installed in Fellowship Hall
-Second LOGOS at St. Martin’s – Anglican Thought & Worship
October 15 & 16th-70th Anniversary celebrations – Social and dance Saturday evening. Anniversary service and procession followed by lunch and birthday cake, Sunday.
-Stage curtains installed – Gift from Parishioners
-Gift to St. Thomas (Loss by theft) – gift from Parishioners
-Celebrate the 39th Anniversary of first service held in present St. Martin’s December 18, 1955
-Anniversary of dedication of St. Martin’s January 11, 1956 and many memorial gifts and thankofferings.
January-February -Third LOGOS course at St. Martin’s – this is an inter parish program. “Conversation on the Journey” a study of Christian Spirituality – 2 parts
Fundraising begins for new church organ.
MARCH 17 New Rogers Trillium 957 organ installed on March
OCTOBER 17 80th Anniversary celebrations held – Choral Evensong, drama presentation and supper held.
JULY 31 The Rev’d Robert Heard retires
SEPTEMBER 15 The Rev’d Richard Vroom becomes 7th Rector
MAY 17th – The Rev’d John Organ becomes 8th Rector
OCTOBER 1 The Rev’d Dr Mary-Catherine Garden becomes 9th Rector and first female Incumbent.